Activities workbook for summer - DIY

Summer has come and with it has come too the leisure time for the kids, I like to buy kids entertaining activities workbooks just to keep the knowledge acquired during the last course.


Adrian will turn 6 this year, so I've bought him one of those activities books with a bit of all, but Daniel is in that point that he wants to do the same that his brother does, but he doesn't know how to do it yet (he will turn 3 in October)

So, I've decided to make him his own activities workbook:


DIY Summer activities workbook


We only need the printed files, the binder, covers and a beautiful paper to act as cover, I've used gift wrapping paper.


DIY Summer activities workbook - materials

If you don't have a binder you may go to a copy store, I bought this one years ago in the Lidl store, and I think that I will use it a lot in the future.


We cut the gift wrapping paper with a cutter at the same size that the covers.

DIY Summer activities workbook

And die-cut the sheets and the cover, I should advice you that when cutting the wrapping paper, it will be better to put it between other sheets, it's so thin that may bend and it would not be well cut.

DIY Summer activities workbook

Then we place the cardboard at the end, the wrapping paper and the protector to cover and we may bind it.


DIY Summer activities workbook

And voilà, activities workbook finished:

DIY Summer activities workbook

As Daniel is preschooler, I have just added drawings to paint, but if you want to make a custom book, this may serve you as a base, you just have to look for printables adapted to your kids ages.

For instance, I've found some interesting free printables here:
- Education
- All Kids Network
- Jump Start

And for those who are learning English:
- British Council

Comments