Learning to add

Traducción al Español

OMG how quick runs the time, my little boy is 4 years old (almost 5) and he is already learning to add.

In the school they use a system where they work in pairs, they have two dice and a lot of little pieces. The dice are numerals, one with numbers from 1 to 6 and the other one from 5 to 10. Each boy throws the die and take as many pieces as the number he gets and then between both boys have to add the total.

But, as I don't have that kind of material at home, I have to invent something.






And, to change a bit, I made some similar but with rubber dice (from the dollar store) with dots, like those traditional of table games, and a blackboard to make him familiar with writing the result.


For having just started the exercise it was quite fine :)






The exercise is easy, the kid throws a die, I throw the other one, we note the addition and he counts the dots. The first time I wrote the additions, the next one, it was him who wrote everything, the addition and the result, but I have to say that he needed all the blackboard for just an addition XD.




Comments